Saturday, April 30, 2011

Do my ears deceive me?

Modern music that I actually like?! Say it ain't so! Now I usually go for classic rock, music from the 70's and 80's. I do like trance and some dance music, but after awhile, it all sounds the same. But this week I discovered two amazing voices, both young women and both full of talent.


I like some soul music, but not a whole lot. Adele's voice made me love it though. Wow. And even more impressive is that she doesn't do playbacks, that she sings it right there while shooting the music video. 100% natural.


Love, love, love Clare Maguire's voice! I know some say she sounds like Cher. She certainly has a deep voice like Cher's, but I wouldn't say she sounds exactly like Cher, you can detect a bit of an accent in her voice. Also, this music video is quite amusing if you get satire and can see she's purposely replicating Lady Gaga and Katy Perry's styles. Also check out her other beautiful songs: Ain't Nobody and The Last Dance.

So nice to see the entire music industry hasn't gone to auto-tune. I hope this trend continues.

BTW, the zombies are coming! Awesome zombie smilies here.

No comments:

Post a Comment